* 2017 – Reviewer for American Education Research Association (AERA),
* 2017, Presenter at the International Congress for School Effectiveness and Improvement, ICSEI with Wikwemikong First Nation in Ottawa, Canada
* 2016, present at learning Forward’s International Conference, Vancouver, BC, Canada with Manitoba Colleagues on Collaborative Reviews,
* Pedagogical Leadership, Intentional and Visible School Administrators, 2015,
* Leadership for 21st Century Schools, 2014 the Ontario Principals’ Council Register spring 2014, Reprinted in the Queensland Principal, Queensland, AU, 2014.
* Leadership for 21st Century Schools, 2014 the Ontario Principals’ Council Register spring 2014
* Collaborative School Reviews, Di Cecco & Freedman, 2013,
* Supporting pedagogical leadership: Building communities of practice –submission for AERA, 2014,
* School-based leadership, What does the research say? What are the learnings?, Santiago, Chile, 2012
* Implications for Principal Training, CSSE, Waterloo, 2012
* Outstanding Canadian Principals –implications for leadership, International principals’ Conference, Toronto, 2011
* Dancing at the Speed of Light, AERA, Denver, 2010
* Canada’s Outstanding Principals, CSSE, 2009
* Canada’s Outstanding Principals, Canadian Association of Principals’ conference, 2009
* Canada’s Outstanding Principals –spring 2009, Canadian Association of Principals’ Journal
* Gender and Leadership: Implications for Improvement. Presented at the Annual Meeting of AERA, New York, 2008
* Looking for leadership. Presented at the Annual Meeting of AERA, Chicago, 2007.
* Passive Modeling. A joint article with Dr. G. Biederman proposed for publication in JEIBI. January 2007.
* Women of Power. A Paper presented for Annual Meeting of the Canadian Society for Studies in Education (CSSE) at York University, may 2006.
* Women and Leadership. A Paper presented at AERA, Montreal, 2005.
* Closing the Achievement Gap: member of an international panel discussion, AERA, Montreal, 2005
* 4 Women of Power – Paper presented at Conference for Global Connections, Melbourne Australia, 2004
* Principal Training: Instructional Leadership – A paper presented for AARE in Melbourne Australia, 2004
* Classroom Walkthroughs: Increasing Principal Visibility: Research Report for Ontario Principals’ Association, 2004.
* Why Boys, Why Now? A paper presented at AERA in Chicago, 2003 (Freedman).
* Principal Visibility, Classroom Walkthroughs and Instructional Leadership – paper presented at the International Conference on School Effectiveness and Improvement, Sydney, 2003. (Freedman, Lafleur).
* Principals as Instructional Leaders – paper presented at AERA, New Orleans, 2002, (Freedman, Lafleur).
* Developing a School-Based Injury Prevention Program with a Teacher-Based Curriculum Writing Team – 6th World Conference on Injury Prevention, Montreal May 2002. (Freedman, Patterson, Mansfield).
* Meeting Injury Prevention Curricular Expectations: The Canadian Experience - 6th World Conference on Injury Prevention, Montreal May 2002. (Cusimano, Rodriguez, Freedman, Patterson, Mansfield, Ullrich).
* Walking the Talk of Teacher Supervision - Ontario Principals Council, June 2001
* The Assessment and Training Consortium: One Way of Making Sense of Accountability In Women’s Voices, Transitions in Education: A Turbulent Passage, , WEAO.1997
* The Transportation and Communication Chapter in Canada: A New Direction,
Fitzhenry and Whiteside, 1990
Review submissions for University of Calgary Journal of Education (2004),
Review submissions for papers for AARE (2004, 2012, nd 2013).
* (2018), OPC, On community and Elder engagement with Garden River FN,
* (2017), ICSEI, Ottawa, Monitoring for Learning & Support from an On-reserve Perspective, with Wikwemikong Board of Education
* (2016), Learning Forward Annual Conference, December, Vancouver, M. Borgfjord (Manitoba), Collaborative School Reviews
* (2016), American Education Research Association (AERA), 2016, Washington DC, Global Collaborative Partnerships
* (2015) – Learning Forward Annual Conference, December with Karen Grose on 21st Century Leadership
* (2015), Quest Conference, Increasing Student Voice, York Region DSB
* (2014-2017) –Norway – Instructional Leadership
* (2014), Wikwemikong Board of Education Conference (October)
* (2014, 2015, 2016), Dominican Republic, Pedagogical Leadership
* (2013, 2014, 2015), Chile, Pedagogical leadership
* (2012) CSSE – Developing Quality Professional Learning for Exemplary Principals
* (2011) NOEL –Equity and Inclusive Education
* (2011) Qualities of Outstanding Principal –International Principals’ Conference (Toronto)
* (2011) Principal and Superintendent Relationships - CSSE
* (2010) AERA – Superintendent Visibility in Schools
* (2010) Canadian Association of Principals – Principal Leadership
* (2009) – AERA – Canada’s Outstanding Principals
* (2007) Welcome to Kindergarten (Gender and Literacy)
* (2007) Ontario Students’ At Risk Association (Gender)
* (2007) American Educational Research Association - Instructional Leadership – Chicago
* (2006) Ontario-wide Coaching Institute for Teachers
* (2006) Keynote Speaker for NOEL – Northern Ontario Educational Leaders on Literacy and Gender
* (2006) School Improvement, Northern Educational Authorities
* (2006) International Conference on School Improvement and Effectiveness – Ft. Lauderdale, Literacy Walks,
* (2005) Selkirk Manitoba, Principal Training
* (2005) Boys, Literacy, Achievement: A symposium for 500 Ontario educators
* (2005) District 6, New Brunswick, Principal Training
* (2004) Australian Association Research in Educators (AARE) Instructional Leadership* (2004) Halifax Regional School Board, Leadership Training
* (2004) District 2, New Brunswick, Principal Training
* (2004) New Brunswick Association of Superintendents Gendered Responses to Learning
* (2003) American Psychological Association (APA) Learning in a Different Way, Toronto, Ontario
* (2003) International Conference on School Improvement and Effectiveness, Sydney Australia
* (2002) American Educational Research Association - Instructional Leadership – New Orleans
* (2002) Education Accountability and Performance Improvement – School Improvement - Ottawa
* (2002) Bertelsmann Foundation to German Ministries of Education - – System Improvement - Germany
* (2001-2002) Workshop presenter on instructional leadership and system accountability to school districts such as Simcoe, Avon Maitland, Bluewater, Greenstone Superior, York Catholic, Ottawa Carleton French-First-Language
* (2001) International Conference on School Improvement and Effectiveness – Boys and Achievement
* (2001-2002)Ontario Principals Council
*(2002)Western Regional Office, Gender and Technology, London, Ontario.
* (1999-2002) Ministry of Education’s Literacy and Accountability Forums
* 1999-2002) Faculty of Education, University of Toronto
* ( 1995-2002) Faculty of Education, York University
* (1998-2001) Faculty of Education, Queen’s University
* (1994-2002) Ontario Public Supervisory Officers Association
* (1996, 1999) IBM’s Teaching and Learning with Technology, Palisades, New York
* (1999) NCS Learn, Innovations in Technology
* (1999) Canadian Association of School Administrators, Ottawa, Ontario
* (1999) Women in Educational Administration, Conference Organizer
* (1971) BA Honours, University of Toronto,
* (1972) B.Ed. (Honours Specialist), FEUT,
* (1974) Master of Arts (Chinese History), University of Toronto,
* (1984) Masters in the Art of Teaching (Geography), University of Toronto,
* (1989) Principals’ Course, York University,
* (1992) Supervisory Officers’ Qualification,
* (1995) American Association of School Administrators Curriculum Management Audit Training Program,
* (1996) University of Windsor’s Law School, Mediation Certificate,
* (1996) Negotiating for Success, University of Toronto’s Center for Management Studies,
* (2007) Doctorate in Educational Administration, OISE/University of Toronto.
* Strategic Visioning, Community Hebrew Academy of Toronto (CHAT), 2014-2015
* Past-President of PDK U-T Chapter, 2013-2015 ongoing involvement in the Chapter as member of the executive
* Former Board Member for Scientists in School, 2010 - ongoing
* Board Member for Teaching Mentors Abroad (Design and deliver summer workshops for system leaders and Ministry, 2016, For principals working in vulnerable communities in Santa Domingo, Dominican Republic & Haiti, 2015), 2011- ongoing
* Former Board Member for License2Learn (student to student tutoring), 2011-2014
* Board of Essential Tremor Support Group – Toronto, ongoing